1. Data protection principles
Cees Jansen is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
2. Data minimisation
- Cees Jansen shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed. Cees Jansen only gathers personal information necessary for providing services. This data includes names, addresses, email addresses and birth data (if the client requests astrology advice).
- Personal data is never shared with third parties, except with our accountant.
- Invoices are kept for the legal term of 7 years. Other personal information from the client that is shared, at least 2 years.
- Only the anonymous version of cookies of Google Analytics are used on the website of Cees Jansen. No other cookies or trackers are placed on the website.
- Cees Jansen shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
If you want to delete your personal data, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, Cees Jansen shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the legal responsible organization.